Monday, June 2, 2008

What, Back to Reality Already???

No, I don't want to..... I guess all good things have to come to an end!! Brad and I had an amazing time in Miami visiting my brother, Chad. He was such a great host and tour guide! We arrived in Miami around 7ish on Friday night, Chad took us to a really good restaurant on Lincoln Road then we headed to a couple of his favorite hangouts. The next morning we woke up (slept in!) and hit the gym, we had to look good for the beach right?? We then spent the rest of the afternoon on the beach soaking up the sun and hanging out in the ocean. I was sooooo tired from the sun, but I had to be a trooper so we got dressed up and when to a really cool authentic Italian restaurant with Chad and two of his friends, by this time I am doing everything possible to keep my eyes open! We headed to the Delano for a few drinks before calling it a night! Sunday morning we headed to Nordstrom Rack for a little outlet shopping then back to Chad's pool where I fell asleep on the lounge chair, it was soooo relaxing!! Chad took us to Coconut Grove for dinner at Jaguars, very yummy! Brad was determined to get one more day at the beach in before our flight left Monday afternoon, so we woke up early and headed back to the beach! Thanks Chad for being so awesome and letting us stay with you, we had a great time and can't wait to do it all over again next year!!!
It sounds like our kids had an equally good time with their grandparents! Thanks Nana, Papa, Grammy and Grampa for staying with the boys so Brad and I could take a little vacation, hope they were not too crazy for you!
Me and Brad at Roof Top

Me and Chad at Roof Top

Brad in the ocean

Me and Chad in the ocean

Brad and Chad after finishing a bottle! (just kidding, we found it on the beach!)

Me and Brad at Delano, this was very cool hotel!!!

Chad at Jaguar

3 comments:

The Daily Stroll said...

I've been to the Delano Hotel several times and I love it!! It's one of my favorite places in Miami! Glad you guys had a great time!

Mommyto3K's said...

Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Both of you are looking all GQ and tan. I'm proud of you guys...going to the gym on vacation, now that dedication!!! Hey, will Chad let us come stay with him too?? Just joking . Glad yall had a wonderful time!! Good by vacation and helloooo reality. Welcome back!!

Sarah said...

So glad you guys had a good vacation! I am trying to figure out when we can go on a trip now! Did I mention that I am in NEED of a getaway?