Thursday, July 16, 2009

Our little Austin Adventure

Summer is coming to an end and I am starting to get a little restless. Since we have had our house on the market (yes still on the market :() all summer, we have tried to get out of the house so I don't have to constantly clean it! We have done EVERYTHING and the boys (and me) are getting bored!!! So I found a park that I thought looked fun in Downtown Austin complete with fountains that the boys could run around in and cool off. I packed a lunch and we were off..... the park was great, had a great view of downtown, only one (or two) little problem....



That is right, off for repair..... two sad, hot little boys!

But there was a cool hill you could climb to get a great view of downtown

and a little pond where we saw some turtles

The boys ran around the fountain to see what it would be like if there were water and decided they liked it and we could come back another time when hopefully it will be OPEN!


The other little problem was there was no where to eat our lunch, there was very little shade and no picnic tables that I saw. So we hiked back to the car and had a picnic while I drove home.

2 comments:

C.Thompson said...

That looks like fun and what a great place to take pics. B&W ones would look great on that patterned fountain area. Hey at least you tried and I'm sure the boys still had fun on their little Austin adventure.

Jennifer said...

Awww, look at their disappointed little faces! This does look like a cool place to try another day!